Although you won't be called a chartered accountant or receive Benefits Of being a chartered accountant, but there are some benefits which a candidate who passed the ICAN ATSWA examinations stand to gain after qualifying. While you qualify as an Accounting Technician, don't relent on your quest to become a chartered accountant. Some of the benefits of ICAN ATSWA are as follows:
- They will be formally admitted as Associate Members of the Association of Accounting Technicians Scheme and use the title AAT after their names.
- They may elect or be elected to serve at the association’s level.
- Their qualification is recognized by employers.
- They may enroll for an HND or B.Sc. programme in Accountancy in some higher institutions of learning.
- They are permitted to enroll for the Institute’s Professional Examinations.
- They are granted full-exemption from the Foundation Examination of the Institute and thereafter proceed to write the Intermediate, Professional Examinations I , II and III