You are at the right blog to get any info concerning ICAN Examination. I will share some useful information to us on how to register for ICAN examination.
I will make this post very simple enough for you to understand. In order not to confuse you, I will separate this session into two which are:
- ICAN registration procedures for non accounting graduate/students
- ICAN registration for accounting graduates/students.
The registration requirements remain the same for the group. So either you are an accounting students or not.
ALSO READ: ICAN Exam Centers In Nigeria
ICAN Registration requirements are as below:
The Institute's Council has accepted the following qualifications for the purpose of entry requirements to becoming a member:
1. The degree of any accredited University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic.
2. O’level result with five credits passes
3. Passport Photograph
If you meet up with the requirements stated above, that means you can quickly start your ICAN Registration following the simple steps below:
Steps To Register Yourself For ICAN
The following are the steps to register for ICAN Examination
1. Obtain PIN voucher from Zenith/Fidelity Bank
2. Use the details on the PIN voucher to log-on to ICAN's official website that would be written on the voucher you purchased from the bank.
3. Click on Students’ Professional Registration and fill your data on the form been displayed.
4. Get a coloured passport photograph, scan the passport photograph on the form.
5. Click twice on submits to submit the application on-line.
6. Print a copy of the application form.
7. Append your signature on it
8. Look for a chartered accountant as your referee/sponsor.
9. Provide the details of his/her membership number, name and phone number.
10. Lastly, take the printed copy of the completed application form and also the photocopy of your credentials to your Referee/Sponsor for approval/ certification.
Attach the following:
- Original copy of the pin voucher
- Two copies of signed/certified passport
- Original copy of the bank teller
- Completed filled form on net
Package your documents and send it to ICAN head office in Lagos for consideration. The council will consider your application. If your application is been approved, you will be given a student registration number. Which will serve as your log in details which you will use to print out your registration certificate online.
The Exam's Council reserves the right to grant or refuse any application or to terminate the registration of any student. All applicants must comply with the rules and conditions set forth and must pay the registration fee in force at the date of application. There will be no refundable fee if the application to register is unsuccessful.
After the registration is complete, ICAN may not contact you to inform you of your registration status. You just need to keep checking their official website or call their customer care to confirm. I made the mistake of waiting for too long during my registration without knowing that my application was successful.
IF YOU ARE NOT AN ACCOUNTING STUDENTS AND WANTS TO WRITE ICAN EXAM.
You will start your ICAN professional journey from Foundation stage. It means that you must pass through three stages to complete your professional career. The three stages are:
1. Foundation level: You will be required to write Five(5) papers at this stage
2. Skills level: At this stage, you will write five (5) papers.
3. Professional level: You will also be required to write five papers here. After this stage, you become a professional member of the institution.
For an Accounting Graduate Who wants To Write ICAN exams
You will have just two stages and you will write 10 papers to become a chartered accountant.
The two stages are:
1 Skills: five paper
2. Professional: Five papers.
You will have to apply for exemption for you to write only nine papers. The application for ICAN exemption is very easy. Follow the steps below;
1. Go to the official Website of ICAN, under students then click on ‘pay for exemption’
2. Fill the necessary form online and click on ‘Pay button’
3. Make payment with your ATM card
4. Print Out Your receipt and exemption form.
5. Get a chartered accountant who is a member of ICAN to sign your exemption form with all your documents
6. Attach your passport to your documents and send it to ICAN Head office in Lagos.
7. If your exemption is approved, they will remove all courses and leave you with only nine which are four papers at skills level and five at a professional level.